Mental Clarity

Mental Clarity Begins With Increasing Levels of Brain Derived Neurotropic Factor

BDNF is a naturally occurring protein in the brain that acts on the brain and peripheral nervous system supporting the growth of neurons (nerve cells) and synapses (area of communication between the nerve cells. BDNF is really a catalyst that helps increase brain function.

Dr. John Raley, Harvard University

Decreased levels of BDNF have been linked to an increased risk of Depression, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). The number one solution to increasing BDNF is EXERCISE.


Exercise promotes the growth of new brain cells. A sedentary lifestyle decreases physical movement which impacts the brain's readiness to learn, and it promotes Obesity.

Without Exercise, glucose builds up in the brain which leads to cognitive decline and even Alzheimer.


Eating healthy fats from fish, nuts and avocados can increase BDNF.


Add these three things to your daily activities:

1) Exercise at least 30 minutes.

2) Snack on 1/4 cup of Walnuts.

3) Serve one curry (turmeric) dish for dinner. (This may require some creative planning).


RAM is random-access memory. it is a form of storage in the brain like the storage in your computer. The RAM in the brain is used for all kinds if brain work from thinking, recalling past events, analyzing data to processing subconscious thoughts. The more RAM at one's disposal, the more RAM one has to focus on the tasks at hand.

However, not all RAM is available at one's beck and call. At least half is occupied with "Mental Clutter" thoughts running in the background. These thoughts are mostly mundane and could be on any subject such as a task the individual has to do, some issue facing them, some advertisement, something seen on TV or music heard in the mall.

The majority of clutter is triggered by external stimuli. From the second a person wakes up in the morning until they go to sleep at night, they are exposed to many stimuli in their environment. It is not unreasonable to assume the more active contact with the world, the more stimuli exposure.

Fortunately, there is a biological process in which the clutter can be cleared called SLEEP, specifically REM sleep. It's not the most effective clutter clearing process since people only undergo REM during 25% of sleep time. The other 75% is non-REM.

Meditation helps to clear mental clutter. Many people, who meditate feel calmer and experience clearer states of mind.

Between meditation when in public spaces or exercise in more public venues, both can expediate RAM.


Pick a Medium of Writing: Type whatever comes to mind. Just keep doing this for fifteen minutes.

Flush The Brain Regularly: At the end of the day, write down everything that is worrisome and what can be done to take care of it upon waking. It will relax the brain and prepare it for sleep.

Consider a Task Management System: Organize one's whole life in this manner.

Minimize Tasks and Commitments: As much as possible, lift the over-stuffed mind of too much weight in the gym.

Learn How To Shift Gears: Between activities have a small ritual that divides work life and home life.

SUMMARY: "One small positive thought in the morning can change the whole day."

True Rife has an essential oil that enhances and assists with mental clarity and it's related programs: Mental Clarity Blend

True Rife Mental Clarity Blend Ingredients: Peppermint, Frankincense, Myrrh, Orange, Rosemary, Clove, Cinnamon, Ginger, Spruce, Patchouli

The information on this page is for educational purposes only and should not replace consultation with a health care provider. The material offered here is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease and is available to the general public via various public sources.